Old 06-10-2003, 05:12 AM
Adrian

Default Tree recommendations

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 12:46:55 +1000, "Fran"
wrote:

"Adrian" ay@no-spam-liquisol-com wrote in message

I'll be putting in a couple along the side fence, and would like
something that is deciduous, non-invasive, medium height (say up to
5m), and has attractive autumn colour.

5m high is a very small tree and really more like a large bush. A snawball
tree would fit that description (viburnum opulus sterile)

Hi Fran - thanks for the suggestion. I'm really after some more
'tree-shaped', so that there is room underneath for planting annuals,
etc... The snowball tree is a bit too low, and not quite high enough.

A smallish neat tree that I like and one which responds well to pruning and
is neither too dense nor too anything is the Chinese elm.

The Chinese Elm is a good candidate, although I've heard a few people
say they can be very invasive, and hard to get rid of...