Old 06-10-2003, 08:12 AM
Sad Sid

Default human urine as fertiliser

"Rodger Whitlock" wrote in
message ...
As for feces, there are a few gardeners here who put feces in
their compost piles. The word of caution is that if you grow
vegetables and do this, the crop should be served only to the
family members who contributed to its fertilization. Personally,
I think using fecal material in the garden is taking an
unnecessary risk for very little benefit.

I used to live in a cottage in Suffolk which had no electricity, running
water or sewage. The loo was a plank with a hole in it, with a bucket
beneath. The contents were emptied into a "moving" trench at the bottom of
the garden. You could shelter from the rain under the Rhubarb that grew
there......