Old 06-10-2003, 04:34 PM
Franz Heymann

Default growing fir cones and horse chestnut?

"Bry" wrote in message
s.com...
I've picked up a few fir cones and horse chestnut seeds recently.

The fir cone is from a botanical garden, and is from this really
unusual rare tree, so I'm hoping it will grow. My only problem is, how
do I go about growing it... I've never done this before, so my first
idea was planting the whole thing in a pot, but I'd rather have some
advice before I do this?

If the cone is ripe, you should be able to shake the seeds out of it. Plant
them about 1/8" deep in seed compost and wait.

[snip]

Franz