Old 06-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Ev Dugan

Default High Wheel Cultivators

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 22:13:16 -0700, (Glenna Rose)
wrote:

After viewing at least two dozen web sites, it seems that Red Hill
General Store has the best selection. They offer Earthway and Beaver with
attachments for Ames (puzzling since that doesn't seem to be a brand they
offer) Prices range from $70 to $120 depending on the height and brand
(and supplier), before shipping costs. Another question I will have is
what height seems to work best. I doubt there is a manufacturer's name on
Grandma's since she bought it well before 1950 so that would be no help.

Glenna, did you look at Lehman's? They offer both low wheel and high
wheel cultivators, lots of attachments, and they say they're made in
the USA. Their prices are in the range you mention, and they also
offer a booklet with user hints and comparisons for $2. Lehman's is
located in Amish and Mennonite country, where people have continued to
use such cultivators for many years. The website offers live help,
which might answer some of your questions.

http://www.lehmans.com/shopping/prod...emType=PRODUCT

or www.lehmans.com and search cultivator.

Ev Dugan -- no affiliation, just a satisfied customer