Old 06-10-2003, 09:07 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default growing fir cones and horse chestnut?

The message m
from Bry contains these words:

The fir cone is from a botanical garden, and is from this really
unusual rare tree, so I'm hoping it will grow. My only problem is, how
do I go about growing it... I've never done this before, so my first
idea was planting the whole thing in a pot, but I'd rather have some
advice before I do this?

Allow cone to dry. When it opens, shake out seeds. You may have to beat
the cone about a bit, but I doubt it.

By which time, you will have found the name of the tree and posted it?
It's difficult to advise on planting seeds when they're incognito.

Some seeds need to be scorched on the outside.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk