Old 06-10-2003, 10:43 PM
animaux

Default I need a plant to grow up a trellis....

Wisteria is not, no, DEFINITELY NOT a trellis plant. It is an arbor of
substance, plant. It is a rampant grower and will grow through shingles into
the house through the roof, easement or sidewalls. It's a very vigorous plant
and needs constant attention and constant supervision! Another factor is that
it may not bloom till it's in the ground for several years, up to 10.

Trumpet vine is a very rapid growing vine, and crossvine is native and available
at every Home Depot. Clematis terniflora aka sweet autumn clematis is another
widely available plant which needs little care and is evergreen. Both require
sun.

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 20:15:28 -0500 (CDT), (will) opined:

You mentioned wisteria.

Unfortunately, I am limited to Home Depot and similar places.

They had an "Avery Island Wisteria" there. Do you know off hand how that
would do?

You mentioned the size of the trellis.

Is this a plant that would grow massive? Or just the opposite?

=will=