Old 07-10-2003, 12:11 AM
Dave Millman

Default Help - Floating White Slime

Boatdrinks wrote:

I usually only change 20% once a month. Since I started having
problems I have been changing about 10% every week. Think I should
get more aggressive with the water changes?

If you are already changing 10% weekly, why don't you up that to 25-50%
weekly. I bet it takes less than 2 extra minutes. What you will get in return
is healthier flora nad fauna, clearer water, and many other benefits.

In fact, there is not one problem that a water change will make worse, except
chlorine/chloramine poisoning! (Use a water conditioner:
Prime/Amquel/whatever, no matter what anybody else tells you)