Old 07-10-2003, 01:36 AM
Dave Millman

Default Dosing nitrate and phosphate

Blarneytoad wrote:

Flourish: What we on this list call "trace element fertilizer." Lots of us use
this product successfully.

Flourish Trace: A small subset of Floursish that Seachem claims get used up the
fastest. This is NOT a complete trace element product.

Thanks for clarifying that ...it's a little confusing determining
which is which based on looking at on-line catalogs that don't
carry the Trace product.Guess I should try some of that maybe.

Not many people seem to use Flourish Trace. Many, many, many people use Flourish as
their trace element fertilizer.

Are you familiar with the 2 new products that I mentioned? Nitrate
and Phosphate?

According to people on this list, they work. So do Potassium nitrate (KN03) and
Potassium monophosphate (KH2PO4) from hydroponics supply houses, if you don't mind
getting your hands dirty with mildly harmful chemicals.