Old 07-10-2003, 03:22 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default below 50F - feed or not to feed

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 01:46:45 GMT, "FBCS" wrote:

I left my submersed pump (on bottom) and falls running all last winter. It
was the worst winter we have had in many years and all survived and did
fine. I am perplexed now, do I or don't I keep it running, I would think the
water would be a better quality running and not stagnant. Pond 500 gal, 18"
deep, 1500gal Giant submersible pump. I will be so glad when I finish my big
pond. Joann

Joann, You mention in another thread that your low temps may only be in the
30's, if so, and if your pond runs around 45F most the time, you probably
can get away with it going. Personally I'd be a little worried about that
much current with fish that are not eating for at least 2-3 months, so you
might want to throttle it down during those months. What is your Zone?

From the discussion, and my 3' deep ponds, I think I'll continue with my
slow circulation and small air stones near the bottom in one area. ~ jan

New pics - Page 7-8
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a