Old 07-10-2003, 02:12 PM
animaux

Default Strelitzia reginae, bird of paradise thinning replanting

http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantqrs...ziareginae.htm

This should help your answer your questions.

On 6 Oct 2003 23:56:53 -0700, (shawn) opined:

Hiya,
I'm not a gardner so speak slow =) My landscape was overgrown
from many owners letting it grow, I've just about got everything
cleared or cutback.

I think this is what it is, it has the grogeous orange like crane
looking flowers. I have 2 of them, around 4 feet tall and with a wide
spread, however like everything else around here they're both within
12 inches of one another.

I want to keep 1 of these where its at and move another to another
location as they're very crowded and I can't get in there to maintain/
clear out the dead leaves.

Is this possible? how large of a root ball/system should I expect? How
do I do this? Can I then divide it and have multiple plants? how is
that done?

Also I assume you do not prune these but instead just cut the dead
leaves off?

Thanks for any information as I love these but I either got to kill
one or replant it.

thanks!
shawn