Old 07-10-2003, 07:03 PM
Bevan Price

Default Garden Design

"Alan" wrote in message
I am moving to a new build property. Can anyone recommend a Garden Design
Programme for the PC so I can plan my garden. The reviews I've seen are

poor
for them all!

Alan

Similar previous posts on this ng agree. Don't spend your money on garden
software.
Walk round your local area, see what plants seem to be grown successfully,
decide which you like best, and try them. Experiment with other plants that
you think you might like.
Everything else is up to you. Do you like neatly ordered plants in borders,
or do you prefer a random mixture of colours and sizes ?
Do not plant trees too near the house - apart from possible root damage to
the house, the shade can limit the types of plant that will thrive in
the vicinity.
Do you want a large lawn for kids to play on, or a small lawn with maximum
growing area for flowers, fruit & vegetables ?
Do you want to follow the trendy TV designers with (ghastly) decking, or do
you want your garden to look original ?
If you have time, growing annuals & perennials from seed is usually mich
cheaper than buying plants from garden centres, and you generally have a
much wider choice of varieties.

Bevan