Old 07-10-2003, 07:03 PM
Alan Holmes

Default sweeter apples

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message

"jayjay" wrote in message
s.com...
Is there anyway you can make eating apples sweeter? or is it a daft
question? Should I have given them loads of water earlier on

We've got loads of apples and this year probably due to the lovely
summer we've had here in Manchester, they're really rosy red, look
lovely but they're a bit tarty tasting - they don't look like baking
apples so they must be eaters - don't know what kind they are - the
tree came with the garden - shall I leave them on the tree a bit
longer?

If you could post a picture of an apple on a website, someone might be

able
to identify it for you.

Or see if anywhere near you has an 'Apple day' they usually have experts
there who will identify the type for you, as well as offering samples of
different varieties to taste.

Alan