Old 07-10-2003, 10:25 PM
Holy Zarquon's Singing Fish

Default Lilly Pilly Surface Roots

In article , John & Angela Cran wrote:

The tree is at least 15 Metre's high, I cant' get my arms around the
trunk. Due to the size of this thing I don't have much room in my
backyard that isn't in shade and the tree is almost on the
fenceline.. I have thought about the paving/mulching/sand ideas but
it means I loose my backyard entirely (well almost). Pavers wouldnt
last more than 12 mths before they were uprooted (oh dear) by the
relentless upward push of the roots.

So I am still considering the big chainsaw option...(of course I can
only do this if the council gives it nod...Pity it's not an
Oleander)

With a tree like that, it's been there for a good amount of time +- 1
century. There's no way council will let you remove it. Decking is
another alternative for your situation.