Old 07-10-2003, 10:25 PM
Toni

Default Easy and complete CO2 system?

"Dave Millman" wrote in message

DIY is a truly horrible idea for a 90 gallon tank. The upper limit for DIY

is
probabaly 30-40 gallons, for which two, two-liter bottles alternated

weekly is
sufficient. At 90 gallons, you'd probably need 4 or more, 2 liter bottles,
changed frequently. At that rate, you could recover the cost of

pressurized CO2
in just a year or so.

Yes, *I* did know that- thought maybe the responder didn't notice the size.

Here's a truly great system (I have it):
http://www.floridadriftwood.com/prod...217&1=252&3=55
It includes everything except a tank. it has a power reactor, which works

really
well.

If you have a cannister filter, you do not need the power reactor. You

want this
one:
http://www.floridadriftwood.com/prod...17&1=252&3=556

Thanks for noting the differences.
The tank will be running an Eheim 2028.
There's a 2026 on it now but that will be upgraded along with the CO2.

I gotta tell ya though that my eyes still tend to cross over when I review
the accessories- I know that the controller is a pricey option and maybe not
necessary, but I'm not clear on why I don't need a reactor, or a visual
indicator (?) or why not just get the $229 one and be done with it. And
tubing- where is that in there?
See?

Call me weird but I'd rather spend $50 too much and get everything (vendors
gotta love that one) than save $20 and spend a day shopping in trade stores.
I *hate* shopping.

I hate even more assembling unfamiliar stuff.

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/aquarium.htm