Old 08-10-2003, 04:42 AM
mmarteen

Default Bug ID?

In the Minneapolis-St. Paul area we have been getting a plague of Asian lady
bugs each Fall and this year it is especially bad. They cluster on the
south and west sides of our house and use every opportunity to sneak into
the house.

Here's the ID question: for the first time I have noticed that these Asian
lady bugs are not the only bugs in the swarm on the house. They appear to
be accompanied by some bigger, flat bodied black bugs with a red "V" marking
on their body. These also fly and do not seem to be at all related (as in
some other life stage) to the Asian lady bugs. What are these guys, are
they a problem other than a nuisance like the ladybugs and what are they
doing hanging out with them?

(I already googled black bugs with red markings and came up empty handed).

mm