Old 08-10-2003, 07:24 AM
Bill Freeman

Default Honda HR215 mower compression pressure??

You might take a look at a downloadable owner's manual
http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/ownlaw.htm No idea if the manual
contains the spec. My earlier HR214 (GXV 120 engine) manual didn't.
My HR214 expels some smoke on starting .. . but you might expect that after
20+ years of perfect running and one-pulll starting. I've found that if you
fill the gas tank tippy-top, it'll start-smoke. Same with a dirty air
filter. Use "canned" electronic compressed air to blow out the paper filter
from the inside (check your Sunday papers, the electronic/computer stores
often offer canned air as a freebie or rebate). Recommend you always use a
funnel with a mesh strainer for your fuel. Use synthetic oil (5w-30)
for fast cool weather starting. Honda makes a terrific line of mowers that
respond well to simple maintenance.

"Jim" wrote in message
news
Hi,

Does anyone have a service manual that can tell me the cranking
compression pressure range for
the GXV140 engine. The mower is about 8 years old and has smoked on cold

startups almost since
new. It has 75 psi when cold which seems low. I'm wonder if I burned the

rings when it was
new by cutting a yard of tall grass.

Thanks,

Jim in Knoxville