Old 08-10-2003, 07:41 AM
Sad Sid

Default O/T just a thought

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message
What on earth are you talking about?

If you had posted the original query at the top, I could have followed

your
response!

snip

I've just looked back at the original post and find that you have
deliberately snipped it (without saying so) to make a rather cheap and
pathetic jibe. What on earth are YOU talking about? You must gave a very
empty life.

post referred to by Alan Holmes - including the reference to original post
which he snipped:

"Bottom posting means putting your reply beneath a copy of the original
posting - the logical place for the convenience of people who haven't been
following the thread.
Top posting is like this ... with the original post beneath for reference.
Considerate posters will snip (delete) out parts of the original post that
aren't relevant to their reply.

Personally I detest bottom posting since it often involves scrolling through
reams of quoted posts and answers which I've already seen and that someone
has been too idle to snip!

In truth it really doesn't matter too much - people get worked up about the
strangest things....

"Helen" wrote in message
om...
Fine.
Ok, Please could you explain what 'top' and 'bottom' posting are

please???"