Old 08-10-2003, 09:38 AM
Pam Moore

Default Slow release feed

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 17:47:43 +0100, "Annabel"
wrote:

This stuff seems to good to be true

3 or 6 month intervals between feeds

Any thoughts on them?

For each of the last few summers I have put a surfinia and 2 bacopa in
a plastic planter on the wall by my front door. They have made a good
show.
However this summer the 2 bacopa refused to flower. (surfinia OK) I
put slow release fertilizer and water-retaining crystals in the
compost. Stubbornly the bacopa hung there, a mass of green.
A couple of weeks ago I decided to try one final thing; I gave them a
couple of doses of 0:10:10 liquid feed.
Guess what? I now have a mass of white flowers.
I can only deduce that the slow release had too much nitrogen.

Pam in Bristol