Old 08-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Pam Moore

Default Overwintering

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 14:07:03 +0200, "JennyC" wrote:

I bring them in sometime around now when the weather starts to be
cold/wet. I cut them back to about 6 inches and repot them into dry
compost. Then I put them in my frost free greenhouse for the winter.

I do a similar thing with fuchsias, but having no greenhouse I keep
them in a windowless garage. I have to be careful in Spring, as when
they start to bud the shoots are long and white.
One thing to beware of is the possiblity of vine weevil in the soil.
Hence Jenny's suggestion of repotting is a good one, but a dowsing of
the rootball with some anti-vw stuff (provado, armillatox if you still
have it, or biological control is advisable.

Pam in Bristol