Old 08-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Jimmy

Default I'm receiving strange email. Is it because I have posted inthis newsgroup?

I did not read anything about viruses on MACs. I was talking to the Windows
folks. Viruses are a problem on Windows because its use is so pervasive. The
MAC community is so small in comparison. I am going to put Linux and X
windows on my old PCs though... so I'll know more info about that in the
future.

Jim

"Surgicalrn" wrote in message
I'm assuming since I run a Mac I don't have to worry with this or am I
wrong? All the virus scan stuff that is for "free" or what have you are
always for Windows based systems. The guys at the Mac store told me I

really
didn't have to worry about it because almost all viruses, worms, etc. are
windows based. They told me to never download and run program installers
from the internet unless I get it from Tucows, CNet or some other

reputable
internet based software place and I know I haven't run any type of program
that was downloaded unless it was from one of these.