Old 08-10-2003, 03:22 PM
martin

Default Containers on a flat roof?

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 16:06:46 +0200, "JennyC" wrote:

"martin"
"JennyC" wrote:

Then I`m of no use whatsoever. I`m a timber engineer. Chances are
tho
that the design requirements are the same. BS codes have that

effect
now. If it`s old then I`d be very carefull.

I was !! I had wild plans for a shallow pond with a waterfall type
affair on my roof garden, but luckily found the architect who build
our house and he told me that the roof could carry 150Kg per square
meter. My water feature would have been double that............. So
now I have heavy pots situated over the weightbearing walls below

and
around the edges...........:~)

and being in NL, the whole lot is slowly sinking into the ground?
Martin

We are about 5 meters below sea level already...........blup blup blup
Jenny

We were a metre above, but the water is rising as I speak
............blupGodblupverblupdomme.........
--
Martin