Old 08-10-2003, 03:42 PM
Peter Ashby

Default Spring afternoon, after pruning

In article ,
"Steve Marshall" wrote:

But then it is ultimately more enjoyable doing it 'properly ' as you
describe and a sound reason for doing things 'the hard way'. I much prefer
to use hand tools to do woodwork for example. Much more enjoyable than using
some of these modern electric gadgets!

Hear, hear! Which reminds me, the wife wants another spice rack. The
first one I obtained wood of the necessary thinness by hand ripping
stock from the face of a 2X4 (gives essentially quarter sawn) then
planing it flat and to thickness with my trusty No7. For a small spice
rack that is 2.5m of hand sawing in total. I have to admit to using a
power router to cut the dadoes but that is all.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.