Old 08-10-2003, 04:23 PM

Default Spring afternoon, after pruning

"Peter Ashby" wrote in message
news : In article ,
: "Steve Marshall" wrote:
:
: But then it is ultimately more enjoyable doing it 'properly ' as you
: describe and a sound reason for doing things 'the hard way'. I much
prefer
: to use hand tools to do woodwork for example. Much more enjoyable than
using
: some of these modern electric gadgets!
:
: Hear, hear! Which reminds me, the wife wants another spice rack. The
: first one I obtained wood of the necessary thinness by hand ripping
: stock from the face of a 2X4 (gives essentially quarter sawn) then
: planing it flat and to thickness with my trusty No7. For a small spice
: rack that is 2.5m of hand sawing in total. I have to admit to using a
: power router to cut the dadoes but that is all.
:
: Peter
:
: --
: Peter Ashby

Has this got anything to do with gardening - or philosophy for that matter?

: School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Scotland
: To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.
: Reverse the Spam and remove to email me.