Old 08-10-2003, 05:12 PM

Default Glyphosate & its side effects

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 16:41:21 +0100, Peter Ashby
wrote:

In article ,
"Franz Heymann" wrote:

So it may depend on the amount of phosphate present. Very fertile soils
may have a lot and therefore it is not adsorbed.

I bet the effect was at a trivial level, otherwise, since glyphosate is used
on a truly vast scale, its deleterious effects would have made themselves
visible on a macroscopic scale, via, for example, reduced crop sizes.

I remember using glyphosate (Roundup) to kill a nasty lawn, after the
grass was dead I simply raked the soil, no new soil added, and re sowed
with dwarf ryegrass. Apart from needing to scare the birds we had no
problems. At the time we lived 300m from the sea on a reclaimed salt
marsh that had been market gardens. So very fertile, highly sandy soil.
If glyphosate was as persistant as claimed under such circumstances why
did my new lawn come up fine?

Peter

What a stupid, pathetic, completely illogical argument to support your
nonsense cause.

I once knew a nip who argued the same for the bomb on Hiroshima. Today
Hiroshima LOOKS a fine city, he thinks bombs are now necessary to
build fine cities. Needless to say the original bomb obviously
affected his marbles, glyphosate has obviously affected yours.

. . . . . . . .

The facts expressed here belong to everybody,
the opinions to me.
The distinction is yours to draw...

/( )`
\ \___ / |