Old 08-10-2003, 10:22 PM
M. Tiefert

Default Strelitzia reginae, bird of paradise thinning replanting

In article , (shawn) wrote:
Thank you very much for the info it was helpful. For a 4 foot tall
plant how far should I start to dig from the base?

I checked today the 2 plants are probably closer to 3 feet apart...so
I dont know they might be pretty well intertwined or something in
which case I would probably leave them as I dont want to risk loosing
1 of them..

Hi Shawn,

I forget where you said you live, but in Southern California people
root-prune them with chain saws. So they're pretty tough plants.

cheers,

Marj

* * *
Marj Tiefert: