Old 09-10-2003, 07:23 AM
JennyC

Default Garden Design

"Franz Heymann" wrote
"JennyC" wrote
"Franz Heymann" wrote
"JennyC"
"Alan" wrote
I am moving to a new build property. Can anyone recommend a

Garden Design Programme for the PC so I can plan my garden. The

reviews
I've seen are poor for them all!
Alan

I made a drawing on paper and then used thin tracing paper over the
top to plan various designs............

An excellent procedure.
However, since you have a computer, why don't you use a simple

drawing prog
to help you? Erasing and copying is a doddle. All the components

of my
garden are on my computer, and I simply edit the drawings as the

population
changes. It also makes it unnecessary to stick gaily coloured (or

other)
labels into the beds for the birds to disturb. ( At least thst is

my line
in theory).
Franz

Ummmmm - I still prefer the paper and pencil method. Probably do
enough computer stuff at work :~)

I have a notebook with photo's of all the bits of the of the garden
(its not large) and in there I make notes like "move from bed III to
bed VI in autumn", "replace the mahonia with a ......" etc

I also keep all my plant labels, seed packets etc stuck in another
notebook with similar notations. 'Died 2001', 'good plant, sow again
next year' etc

Jenny :~))