Old 09-10-2003, 10:32 AM
Dick

Default Test Kit Survey

Any comment on Tetratest?

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 11:41:02 GMT, "Jim K" wrote:

Thanks everyone for your input.

I have an old Kordon AquaTru Aquarist Master test kit with the powdered
reagent "pillows" that you open with a nail clipper. I've had a difficult
time trying to find refills for it, yet at one time all the mail order
companies carried them.

I also have a Red Sea Deluxe Fresh Lab. It uses liquid reagents and is very
complete, but I do find that some test results are nearly impossible to
match to the color charts.

I then purchased the Mardel test strips - the 5 in 1 and the ammonia. They
are very easy to use and the results are easy to read. And the take very
little room under my aquarium. They are more expensive, however, and I
don't know how accurate they are.

I was considering purchasing the Hagen kit but after hearing about the bad
experiences, I'm reconsidering.

It seems as though most of the good test kits are made for salt & reef
tanks, and I suppose accuracy and precision are more important in those
environments.

Has anyone used LaMotte? They seem quite expensive and involved.

"Jim K" wrote in message
Which brand test kit(s) do you use and why? Are they accurate, easy to

use,
reasonably priced?