Old 09-10-2003, 01:32 PM
Spider

Default Kerria Japonica - bad year?

If it's been there 30 years, it may well be woody and unproductive at the
centre. However, the scorched leaf margins suggest it would prefer a bit
more shade. It it possible to dig up and replant some of the younger outer
growth in a more sheltered site? This would give you the opportunity to
prepare fresh ground really well. Where it is, it has almost certainly
exhausted most trace elements, if not its entire food source.
Spider
Steve Harris wrote in message
When cutting down a jungle, I decided to keep a couple of clumps of this
as I thought it was a nice plant. I'm having second thoughts. It looks
unhealthy, scorched leaf margins and yellowing leaves for the last few
months and it's thinned out.

- Has it just been a bad year?
- Old age (probably at least 30 years
- Some nutritional need?