Old 09-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Stephen Howard

Default place to buy rusty garden tools

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 09:29:28 GMT, James Caley
wrote:

Hi there everyone, I'm glad to be joining the team and hope, although
I'm still very much a novice, to be able to give some useful advice to
people.

The question I wanted to ask was really, does anyone know where I can
get rusty, second hand garden tools from. The reason I ask is that
someone has asked me to make a heron for them and, because they have an
allotment, I thought it'd be a nice idea to make it from old rusty
garden tools.

I've been on a few websites, but just found antiques which are too
expensive, and I'm going to go round loads of scrapyards this Saturday,
I thought I'd throw my question to everyone at GardenBanter.

In any case I'm glad to have found this site and hope to have many
discussions on matters which are close to people's hearts.

Check out your local refuse tip ( now called a 'recycling centre' ).
You'll find plenty of old tools there - assuming the people who are
sub-contracted to run the place have a totting shed.

You might also find some less than rusty tools too - I picked up a set
of Wolf interchangeable tools for a fiver.... and the handle alone was
worth twice that.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk