Old 09-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Franz Heymann

Default place to buy rusty garden tools

"James Caley" wrote in message
s.com...
Hi there everyone, I'm glad to be joining the team and hope, although
I'm still very much a novice, to be able to give some useful advice to
people.

The question I wanted to ask was really, does anyone know where I can
get rusty, second hand garden tools from. The reason I ask is that
someone has asked me to make a heron for them and, because they have an
allotment, I thought it'd be a nice idea to make it from old rusty
garden tools.

I've been on a few websites, but just found antiques which are too
expensive, and I'm going to go round loads of scrapyards this Saturday,
I thought I'd throw my question to everyone at GardenBanter.

In any case I'm glad to have found this site and hope to have many
discussions on matters which are close to people's hearts.

You would make yourself even more welcome in this newsgroup if you were to
subscribe directly to uk.rec.gardening instead of via the indirect way you
have chosen.
It costs you nothing, except to learn how to join a newsgroup.
If your ISP does not support a newsgroup srevice, you should sack him and
get another ISP.

Franz