Old 09-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Neil

Default mulch against concrete block house?

Try mixing stones of differing sizes right through from 1/2 inch shingle to
6 inch pebbles/rocks. This will add interest and do the mulching job.
Treated wood mulch, ask the vendor if it has been, may affect valuable
insects.
In the old British cottage garden dense planting has been used to hold back
weeds and retain some moisture. Look around at the local wild flora, use
cultivated varieties and plant very thickly. This will survive local
conditions (if dry, wet, sea air etc.) and look good in the local
environment.
Neil

"shawn" wrote in message
om...
Hello again,
I've searched and searched I guess theres no solid answer. I'm in
florida is mulch in the beds surrounding the house advisable or not?
(the house is entirely surrounded by a 3 foot bed) I'm redoing the
beds they have the riverrock, more expensive but no termites or
treatment ever that I know of by the previous owners so maybe I should
leave well enough alone and just replenish the rocks?

I like the looks of mulch better though and it is cheaper...so I'm
open to opinions.

Thanks,
shawn