Old 09-10-2003, 04:23 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default Fairy Rings

The message
from iljunk (Pen Phill) contains these words:

I don't mind it all that much but the grass has already suffered from this
years drought. Does anyone know if the mycaelium inside the ring, which is
about 7m across does any damage to the grass above it. I read that
such rings
continue to steadily grow for years......

With field mushrooms (which I'd guess is what yours are) the grass
immediately inside the ring sometimes dies off, but soon returns with
renewed vigour (and darker shade.).

They won't hurt your lawn at all apart from the ring. If you don't want
it, dig it up and send it here.

Enjoy the mushrooms!

--
Rusty Hinge