Old 09-10-2003, 07:03 PM
Robert

Default Forsythia growing next to house wall - threat to foundations?

: Is a Forsythia growing next to a house wall likely to damage its
: foundations. I have one growing right next to my new house - looks
: nice but I was wondering if it's roots could do damage?

Forsythia is really not a problem normally as it doesn't root like a tree.
If I was worried I would dig a trench between it and the house to cut off
any roots going that way and put something firm along the trench to stop it
getting that far again. Then again ha! I'm rambling, they take so easily
from cuttings you could get rid of it, after planting another further away