Old 10-10-2003, 01:02 AM
Beecrofter

Default New Japanese Maple damaged while planting - repair advice needed

(CP) wrote in message om...

Charlie (Boston, MA)

P.S. The reason I ask is because our landscaper was less than honest
that he did the damage, claiming the split was there when he went to
plant it. I don't want to compound his mistake by permanently
damaging our new tree.

It's quite possible the split was there when the landscaper went to
plant the tree as that kind of branching is inherently weak.
Go and get another tree as this one will always have weakness at the
crotch and the only thing that cannot be made up is time.