Old 10-10-2003, 07:42 AM
Christopher Norton

Default Containers on a flat roof?

The message
from martin contains these words:

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 08:22:02 +0100, Christopher Norton
wrote:

snip
However, at 22.5
degree the load is approximately equivalent to 10ft of snow (it dont
happen in england).

I am sure somebody will contradict that :-)
--
Martin

According to the revised code which shows snow levels there is only the
mountainous regions of Scotland that require you to go to the full
..75kn/m2 that is allowed as a snow load. Rest of the Mainland you can
use .6kn/m2 which is the minimum allowed but you have to take into
consideration the topography of the roof rather that the blanket .75. It
means a whole heap of extra calculations as you do valley intersections
and such like.
If you did my little area of Lincs we get so little snow that you could
go down to .4kn/m2 and be inside the loading by miles. We cant actually
do that to the code of practice.

I dont write the advice I just take it. 8-))))

--
email farmer chris on
Please don`t use