Old 31-01-2003, 05:20 PM
Shiva

Default Fragrant, Yellow rose recommendation

James Delahanty wrote:

IMO, the best Austins for fragrance and garden worthiness would be
Golden Celebration, which frequently wins fragrance awards in rose
shows,

Well, you may be the reason I ordered the thing. The neck and the short-
term memory are the first to go.

Tamora for its complex myrrh/citrus scent,

Not to mention being terminally cute. 2.5 feet tall and not an inch taller
here! My blooms are very small, but I love them all.

and Fair Bianca for
the total 'myrrh scent (close to mothballs by my nose)

You know, I like the myrrh scent, but I am off white roses for now. I have
a baby La Paloma (is that an Austin??) that Ken Muncy sent me by mistake
(supposed to be Perdita, one of only two mistakes he has made in many
orders)and a whole bunch of white modern roses, and they all just age too
ugly. The blooms. Then there are thrips. Most upsetting, my climbing white
iceberg was killed by ground bees (they had to have ther new nest right
THERE). The only white I like is the grandiflora White Lightnin', because
it has such vigor, great scent, and is never out of bloom. Best (modern)
white I have found for this area.

....Many of the
Austins are simply gigantic in Southern California and

As you know, I have not been growing long for anything to get gigantic
here.