Old 10-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Spider

Default Garden Design

I can't comment on garden design software as I've never used it. My garden
has evolved with generous helpings of imagination.
Before you use either software or paper and pencil, you will need to decide
what you want in the garden; it's important to include practical things like
washing lines and dustbin shelter. It is essential to exclude fashion.
Don't put in everything you've ever seen in a make-over show - you won't end
up with a garden!
Be honest with yourself: how much time can you spend in it? ..
how much money can you spend on it?!
Remember that you don't have to do it all at once.
If you live in the south-east, you could do a lot worse than visit RHS
Wisley Gardens in the Woking area. They have a large area devoted to
different types of model garden, aimed at helping visitors plan their
garden. Otherwise, visit as many local gardens as you can. You won't like
them all, but try to analyse why you do - or don't - like something: it's a
great clarifier and will help to define your plan.
Spider
Alan wrote in message
I am moving to a new build property. Can anyone recommend a Garden Design
Programme for the PC so I can plan my garden. The reviews I've seen are

poor
for them all!

Alan