Old 10-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Heidi

Default Lady bugs

I've had them invest our house as well. I felt so guilty wanting to
squash ladybugs--they seem such a symbol of innocence and good. That is
until they start flying at your face kamikaze style and keep you up all
night flying into walls and window.

There was a great article in Southern Living (I think it was SL) one or
two years ago (how is that for specifics?). The author had a similar
experience with lady bug infestation, and I read it nodding my head
through each paragraph in appreciation as her experience was just like
mine. She managed to capture some of the ladybugs and save them in an
opaque container that she kept in the fridge until spring when she
released them in her garden. She placed wet paper towels in the
container for moisture and raisins for the bugs to feed. Interestingly,
she found that the lady bugs liked yellow raisins...not black.

Good luck!
heidi

gary wrote:

The Lady bugs are swarming again. What a mess. They got in the house and
almost cover the walls. When a light is turned on in the evening they are
attracted to it and make more of a mess.

Gary