Old 11-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Roger Snipes

Default [IBC] Another "art" debate?

I agree with Alan, just because the design of a bonsai is transitory, that
doesn't mean it isn't art.

Jim, you also say that a painting (or a bonsai) must be "good" to be art.
Is that "good" as defined only by you, or do other people's definition of
"good" also make art? I have seen a lot of art that I don't think is very
"good", as I suspect we all have, but others seem to like it and consider it
to be art.

Regards,
Roger Snipes Spokane, WA Zone 5, or maybe Zone 6.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it,
and then misapplying the wrong remedies. Groucho Marx (1895-1977)