Old 11-10-2003, 01:02 AM
Richard Pope

Default Native temperate orchids from seed?

Howdy, and dare I say this is my first post. I am looking to collect a seed
capsule or two from a couple native orchids here in Iowa. I want to try to
get them going to establish in a couple wet mesic to mesic prairie
reconstructions. The collecting is all above board, by the way.

SO, can anyone steer me to some resources that suggest the best seed culture
techniques. I am going primarily for Spiranthes magnicamporum (great plains
ladies tresses).

Thanks.. THis is a great resource you folks have.

Rich at ISU