Old 11-10-2003, 02:42 AM
Pipo

Default [IBC] Juniperus horizontalis

Hi all
I've acquired a nursery Juniperus horizontalis a couple days ago. It has
some root problems (the ones at the top are above the soil mix, they'll
surely die like this, if they aren't already). I'm thinking about
repotting. I know this isn't the best season to do it, but it isn't the
worst, is it?
About the soil mix, what would you recommend with (or without) peat,
akadama, sand, and sphagnum moss? I've read that Juniperus like a little
sphagnum moss mixed with the soil. Maybe a 40:30:30 sand:akadamaeat
with a little sphagnum moss would be good? Is it advisable to leave some
of the old soil because of the micorriza? How much of it?
Last question: What to do with those needle-like foliage shoots? Take
off all the needle-like foliage and wait until new growth comes?

Sorry for all these silly questions, but I've got to be sure about what
I'll do, I really wouldn't like to loose this tree... Many thanks in
advance for all the answers.
Pipo

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++