Old 11-10-2003, 04:22 AM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default Renardine

The message
In article ,
Jaques d'Altrades wrote:
The message
from "Jim Paterson" contains these words:

Anyone used this stuff and is it effective.
I am thinking mainly of foxes but have never had to use a deterrent
before.

Is it still made? Coo!

My information says that it is not effective. The best deterrent is a
·243" rifle. Or a pet mongoose.

Er, that is a red FOX, not a red DEER, which is being discussed.
A .22 long cartridge (not even a magnum) is the appropriate load.

Needs an accurate head shot with ·22RF to be sure. A ·243 OTOH.......

That's usually what we use - sometimes a triple two. We only shoot
injured deer ATM as they aren't about in enough numbers here to be a
nuisance.

One roe doe failed to get out of the way of a beet harvester last year.
Broken leg. ·243. Freezer.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk