Old 11-10-2003, 09:42 AM
Claude

Default Fast growing tree to screen house from street?

Can anyone suggest a suitable tree that I can plant to create a 20 metre
'hedge' to screen my house from the street? Needs to be (a) visually dense
(b) have foliage low to the ground and (c) most importantly, grow quickly.
Preferable if it doesn't grow too high but I suppose I could always trim it
regularly. I live in Melbourne so a hardy native would be preferable
provided it meets the above criteria. Someone suggested Pitostrums would be
suitable (although my wife hates them - don't know why)