Old 11-10-2003, 12:02 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Organic remedy for tomato blight ?

"Peter wrote in message
I forgot to mention that I live in Australia,

Now we understand the problem, I thought your original post a bit strange
for the UK, welcome. We get posts and replies from all over, it's just we
need to know where you are outside the UK because of the season differences,
otherwise growing is growing. What part of Oz are we talking about, there's
a bit of climate difference between ,say, Adelaide and Port Douglas. :-)

As others have said, if it is "Tomato Blight" (and that's the same disease
as Potato Blight) then any Toms that have it already should be pulled up and
burnt, there is no organic cure for that disease.
However, and this is where I get flamed, you can prevent the infection of
plants by spraying with "Bordeaux Mixture" which is a mixture of Copper
sulphate and Lime. Whilst not used by strict organic purists it does appear
in organic catalogues and is used by some, especially if they have to grow
their crop outside. Just wash the fruit well before using.

p.s. Coincidentally, I was up at 3.30am this morning to collect an Aussy
relative from Heathrow.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.