Old 11-10-2003, 01:32 PM
Theo

Default [IBC] Another "art" debate?

HI
I think *art* is what produces an emotion.. but something that goes
beyond the superficial and subjective concept of beautiful ,nice
pleasant ,proportionally well done..
there are things that are remarkable but I would not wish to possess ,
some others instead carve a place in my emotional heart.. as some
bonsais do sometimes , or items or paintings or music , or instants of
lived life and this for is what I can call *ART* as they release a
real and steady emotion and the emotion recalls when I think of them/or
see them again after periods of time
( I do art for my pleasure as well as oil painting or crafting things)

Theo

Kitsune Miko wrote:

I am an artist. I do many things, one of them bonsai.
I have been in dicsussions debating whether a digital
image is a "real" photo, especially if manipulated.

So this discussion can be endless.

I would like to start with the question: What is art?

Is art only the things judged to have financial value
or is it the journey one takes to do art?

I think there is such a thing as a bonsai artist. I
have watched Mitsuya (most recently) and others take
marginal or promising material and make it into
something special.

On nature as artist. She makes diamonds as well as
trees. Yet it takes an artisan to cut the gem to show
its brilliance.

Myself, although I am an artist in the general sense
of the word, I am not product oriented, rather I am
experience oriented. I seek no judgement of my
work(s) so I free myself from the need for approval.
I attempt to match no specific criteria.

I also think there is an art to collecting. I viewed
parts of the Smithsonian collections on my recent
vacation. There is an art to choice of placement and
content to make a pleasing exibition.

Kitsune Miko

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++