Old 11-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Betsy

Default Seek input on Leyland Cypress

I am in the minority, but I like them.

I've only ever planted the green ones.

They grow really, really fast and are quite beautiful. They will definitely
solve your screening problems.

I've used them to provide fast effective screening from the beagles caged
near my backyard fence in a previous residence, and to screen out a grouchy
old neighbor ("protect" her from having to see/hear ME) in my new residence.
Those planted 2 summers ago at 18" tall are now 8 feet tall.

"Lecher9000" wrote in message
Hi,

I've decided on Leyland Cypress as a tall "living fence"

privacy
screen. I've noticed there are about 3 main varieties : green, blue, and
yellow. Looks to me like the blue and green varieties are the most dense

and
best at screening completely.

Another concern is whether I can trust the picture of the mature tree

that
is attached to it, regarding how full the tree gets (having no holes to

see
through).

Anyone have any advice / experiences with their Leyland Cypress

relate ?

Thanks,