Old 11-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Gary Woods

Default Dilution of urine in compost

(Nick Maclaren) wrote:

But, provided that the compost
heap gets rained on, or is otherwise watered on occasion, you can
leave natural processes to do the dilution

And unless the compost heap is very small, it's hard to imagine the ammonia
wouldn't get promptly "eaten" by the relatively large mass of organic
material there. My compost heaps this time of year are heavy on the brown,
as in leaves, and I've never noticed a problem, despite my best efforts,
occasionally helped by Mr. Guinness and Mr. Bass.

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
www.albany.net/~gwoods