Old 11-10-2003, 08:22 PM
Jim Paterson

Default Caterpillars eating Tomatoes

"janet.bennett" wrote in message
The tomatoes grown in my mum's greenhouse this summer, were attacked by
caterpillars. The annoying thing was that they ate half a tomato then

moved
on to the next. She's never encountered this problem before, has anyone
else?

Paul

Not using pesticides in my greenhouse I occasionally have a few large green
caterpillars miss my attentions but they usually give themselves away and
are then fed to the 'tame' frogs in the 'pond' in my g'house.
If you suspect caterpillar activity on your toms just give the plants or
supports a good shake and they tend to fall off.
Jim