Old 11-10-2003, 10:22 PM
Eur Ing John Rye

Default Caterpillars eating Tomatoes

Hello All

In article ,
janet.bennett wrote:
The tomatoes grown in my mum's greenhouse this summer, were attacked by
caterpillars. The annoying thing was that they ate half a tomato then
moved on to the next. She's never encountered this problem before, has
anyone else?

Yes I had this happen this year, as did someone on The Kitchen Garden mail
list. In our case the offender was a moth catapillar which was identified via
http://www.whatsthiscaterpillar.co.uk/plates.htm

John

--
EurIng J Rye CEng FIEE Electrical Engineering Consultant
18 Wentworth Close Hadleigh IPSWICH IP7 5SA England