Old 11-10-2003, 11:12 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default Organic remedy for tomato blight ?

The message
from "Tumbleweed" contains these words:

LOL. Flame coming :-) I'd really like to understand on what basis anyone can
call such a toxic mixture of chemicals 'organic'. Whats 'organic' about it,
precisely, other than the bizzarre fact its in an 'organic' catalogue for
historical resaons? Is that the definition of organic now?
And ...'Just wash the fruit well before using'? What about all those ads
decrying pesticides and complaining 'why should I have to wash chemicals off
my food before I eat it'?

It's there largely because no better remedy has been found.

In any case, the word 'organic' has been hijacked to mean something else
entirely. Any growing thing is organic, whatever nutrients or *icides
have been used on it.

It's about time we reclaimed it before it goes the way of 'nice' [1]
And of 'sophisticated' [2]
And 'Prevaricate' [3]

[1] exact, precise, to the point. Often used to mean pleasant by those
who are not nice.
[2] Adulterated, deceitful
[3] To lie, dissemble, evade by deceit (When 'procrastinate' is meant)

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk